Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All aboard


Train to Chicago premier leaving in one hour. Packing the necessaries: flip-flops, undies, the film. The screening will be at the Newberry Library in Chicago, and there's going to be a panel discussion. If you're in town, drop by, it's open to the public (click here for details). Will have plenty to report upon arrival, and probably some existential revelations about life as I will have 17 hours on the train without internet access and way too much Depression literature.

In the meantime, the production retrospective continues. Today's flashback is of the early days in the cave. Look at this face, this is the face of production. Delirium, exhaustion, euphoria. This is Wana, the associate editor and veteran Sparkista, with Andrea in the background, both attempting to marshal enough energy to give me the evil eye. I can't remember if this was late night or early morning, as it made no difference on some days, but it's definitely at a haggard moment, as neither Wana nor Andrea wanted to be photographed. Andea especially. You can see she is commanding me to Hallas with the pickchas. "hey, hey, what are you doing?" What me? "No pictures." What? This is just for me. "I don't believe you." I swear Andrea. "Okay, just don't go posting this on the internet or something. Or I'll kill ya. Kapish?" Okay, I promise.
Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment